Monday, November 4, 2013

In the Beginning

In the Beginning

Hi, my name is Sama Morningstar.  I am thrilled to be starting this blog about Spiritual Partnership because I am so grateful to be exploring a spiritual partnership with my fiance Geoffrey.  This partnership is something I have longed for all my life.  It is a big part of my soul's purpose in this life, something I didn't know at times if I would ever have the opportunity to live.  I guess it is true, that if we want something badly enough, if we are willing to do whatever it takes, pay whatever the price, it will be given.  I guess it is also true that if we seek first our union with the divine, then all other needs and desires will be granted effortlessly.
I started out like most of you being born in a family where the mother and the father did not often see eye to eye.  Where there were a lot of power struggles and nobody seemed to get their needs met.  In fact the partnership seemed to be a drain on everyone.  It was a poor model for partnership, but luckily I seemed to have been born with an inner guidance system, something that told me that there was a more loving way, a more nourishing way to have partnerships, where everyone is uplifted and enhanced by the union.  I was very connected to divine light, though I didn't understand what it was at the time.  I could feel this great sense of union and oneness that I just new I wanted more of but it was always elusive.  My fear of it and desire for it all at the same time seemed to drive it away.  These childhood experiences primed me for a life of exploring spirituality and spiritual partnership.  I knew something brighter was possible in my life but didn't know how to get there.  All I knew was when something felt like it got me closer to that feeling and when it didn't.  I refused to settle for a life that didn't feel like it nourished that feeling of oneness.  Whether that meant letting go of love relationships, jobs, relocating, starting over, I have done it.  And now I have been given the great gift and opportunity of exploring with a wonderful partner who wants the same thing.  How beautiful is that?
So I would like to share some poetry in this blog.  I will start with the most recent ones about spiritual partnership.  Let me know if they inspire you.  Let me know what spiritual partnership means to you.  

Spiritual Partnership

The rock gives
the water shape
a path
a container
something to flow through
around, into
to roar against
to smoothly caress
allowing her full
expression of her liquidness
from frothing white
to mirror still
from warm broth
to icy chill
the rock absorbs
her warm passions
her cool peace
into his original structure
he stands strong
holding form
for her to dissolve
wear away
reshape
little by little
until they both
flow into the ocean


Love Song

There is a rock
he takes a stand
he shapes a world
with loving hands

he takes the sun
within his heart
and holds it there
until it starts

to grow, to flow
back into the sky
back into the sky

there is a drop
of cool rain
she falls upon
his solid pain

she starts to grow
she starts to flow
she trickles down
his ruts and furrows


she wears away 
all of the fear
her depth does grow
until appears

the ocean all around
and from the rock
there comes a sound

a song of joy
a song of love
because their shapes 
fit like a hug

it's just the two of them
to wash away the time
the two of them to flow into the sky
the two of them
to flow into the sea
the two of them
to discover they are free
discover they are one
one together
free
one together 
free

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful and so true! It is always good to start with an understanding of what you DO NOT want. Once you understand that, you have a much easier time recognizing what you really do want when you see it. Unlike you, my primary example of spiritual partnership from my parents was a very beautiful one. I grew up thinking it was normal and could be expected. It took a long time to discover what I really wanted was a spiritual partnership as you describe. It took a long time to grow into a person that could stand in the light with another and not melt away. The journey required my intention, continued belief and a willingness to endure. The spiritual partnership is truly a powerful tool for enhancing and purifying the experience of this life toward Light and Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my life I was blessed with two sets of partents to mentor & guide me to my adulthood. One set very loving giving unconditional love for sure, the other not so much love an partnership in the relationship, and us as children had to learn at a very early age how to survive. Both as I look back now in my life with the spritual guideness and awareness I have achieved over the years, (Thanks to my Light Spirit Sama), has made me what I am today. Everything we go through in our lives is a gift from God regardless of how it comes to us, the key is what we do with it and he has bestowed GREAT powers within us if we open up our hearts and let the light & love shine in. With Love comes Hate, with Good theres Bad, with Happy theres Sad, What if, all of these emotions are a gift from god! And with that being true, what better way to grow an learn about yourself then having a loving unconditional divine partner to share in your journey. That is truly a blessing from God!

    ReplyDelete